v5 Map Editor Tutorial.
User Contributed Maps Tutorial.
Maps Manager Tutorial.
(1) Visit the Dashboard page.
(2) Click Create Map to set up the map and feed. Make sure the 'Editable' option is checked. Enter a map name. Optional enter the URL of a feed KML source.
(3) Click 'Ok' to create the map then move to the map editor page.
(4) Use the map editor controls to add new placemarks, polylines or polygons to the map. Click 'Publish' when complete.
(5) Go to the map settings page to customise the map's appearance and features. Click 'Update' to apply changes.
(6) Copy the embed script (found in the embed section of the map settings page) and paste this script into your web page.
Quick Start: Create An Editable version 5 Map Channel
Overview of v5: Printable Directions, Dual Maps and Local Maps
(2) Click Create Map to set up the map and feed. Enter a map name and feed source URL. Uncheck the 'Editable' map option
(3) Click 'Ok' to create the map and feed then move to the map settings page.
(3) From the map settings page you can customise the map's appearance and features.
(4) Copy the embed script (found in the embed section of the map settings page) and paste this script into your web page.
The video tutorial is best viewed at 1080p
(1) Visit the Dashboard page where you can create feeds and maps.
(2) Click Create Feed to set up a feed. Choose a feed format and enter a data source.
Usually the data source is from a web URL. Other options are available to copy and paste data or upload from your computer.
(3) Once the feed is created you can choose from a page of options to edit a range of feed properties.
(4) When the feed is properly configured return to the dashboard and click Create Map.
(5) In the Create Map page enter a map title and then click the Create Map button. You will be taken to the Map Edit page where a preview map is displayed. This will initially be an empty world map.
(6) First go to the 'Feeds and Layers' section and add a feed to your map. First click the feed name in the list of available feeds and then click the <-- button.
(7) Click Update to preview the map and obtain the code to embed the map on your web page.
There are a range of options on the Map Edit page to customize your map's appearance.
Google Drive : the new home for My Maps, Google Spreadsheets and Fusion Tables.
Note: All Google data sources should be set to 'shared' before being used as a Map Channel data source.